Thursday, June 22, 2006

Mission statment, of sorts.

Why a Seattle powerpop blog? I suppose the short answer is, "why not." The slightly longer answer is because there doesn't seem to be such a thing already. While there are a number of great print and web publications in Seattle, none focus on powerpop. So, perhaps there is room for a blog on the subject.

The first question to tackle when planning such a thing, of course, is what exactly qualifies as Seattle powerpop. Well, I'm here to tell you I'm going to be fairly loose in my definition.

By "Seattle," I probably mean to include much of the Pacific Northwest. Whether it's a band from the area or a show that's taking place in the area, it can meet that criteria.

By "powerpop," I probably mean to include a lot of things. Is it indiepop or powerpop or indierock or rock-n-roll or garage or pop-punk or post-punk or other? This is a question that will no doubt be trampled along the way. I see no reason to be militant about it. If it's poppy and has guitars, it's probably fair game.

So, let the good times roll! If you're a band and want to send your demo or route me to your myspace page, feel free to do so! Otherwise, stay tuned for reviews, interviews, opinions, gossip and more.

No comments: