Monday, August 28, 2006

IPO Blow By Blow: Fourth Night

My brain is officially toast. Having seen 28 bands over four nights, I can't remember much of anything at all at this point. So, here are my late night musings on tonight's show.

The Phamous Phaces were running late, but landed at the club just in time to treat us to their sound, which I think was like a mix of The Smithereens and Scruffy The Cat. This is their guitarist:


Phamous Phaces

The Glasses' brand of indiepop is endearing and mixed with some space/echo sounds. Their drummer rocks harder than most indiepop drummers. At times they reminded me of Small Factory, and that's a good thing. Here's a photo:


The Glasses

I really enjoyed Easterly's set, and they get the award for "most people on stage during the IPO" (beating even Tiny Volcano featuring Vanilla, and that's two bands playing at once!). Here's a photo of some of them:


Easterly

sea.mine was cool in that they've got some odd things combined into their sound. At times it was like a powerpop bounce mixed with DC bands like Jawbox. Here's a shot:


sea.mine

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to get up for work in a few hours.... ugh.

No comments: