Sunday, August 27, 2006

IPO Blow By Blow: Third Night

Well, I hit my saturation point on Saturday, because I'm having a hard time remembering each band and what they sounded like. So, instead of commenting on every group, I'm just going to talk about the highlights.

Bands that I enjoyed, but can't quite remember enough to comment fully:
- Girls Say Yes
- The Quags

Bands that felt like a living reinactment of VH1's "Bands Reunited":
- The Windbreakers
- True West

With the latter, I felt bad that more folks were not in the room to witness it. For anyone who was in college in the 1980s, these band names have meaning. I'm sure if there was some way to tap into that group of people via advertising (I'm assuming *most* people in their late 30s and early 40s are exactly spending their days on myspace), the room would've been packed. But, it wasn't, sadly. But, both bands really did a great job and I was happy to have seen it.... even though I was mentally fatigued from seeing 25 bands in three days.

Another unfortunate thing about last night's IPO was I didn't change the batteries in my camera. So, no photos today.

No comments: