Friday, September 22, 2006

Snapvine - is this cool or not?

My own personal jury is still out on Snapvine. I don't know if you've seen or heard of what this is, but it's essentially a way that you can leave someone a voicemail via a predetermined phone number and mailbox number that will then instantly appear on a myspace page, blogger page, friendster page or wherever the owner of the account puts the code.

I've set it up over on the Seattle Powerpop Blog myspace page. Setting up the account was literally like filling out a registration form and then copying some html. See picture below for the results - you just click the little button to which the arrow points to get the number to call.

I'm trying to decide if it's cool or rediculous. Or if it's rediculously cool. I dunno. Technology is pretty nuts, though. As my friend David says, "it involves cell phones, myspace and teenagers. So, where do I buy stock?"

Anyway, I would be altogether pleased if you would leave me a message. A funny message is good. But, just saying hello is neat. Telling me about cool shows or music or something is even better!

No comments: