Saturday, October 14, 2006

Suburban powerpop moment

Although I imagine he'd shoot me if he knew I was posting this (Jon, do you read the blog?), I had a very suburban powerpop moment this evening. My wife and I were at the Target in Lynnwood (about 30 minutes north of Seattle), and I happened to notice a sale on cordouroy jackets. So, I tried one on and wandered over to the mirror in the men's section to see how it looked.

After glancing in the mirror, I turned to find Mr. Jon Auer doing the same (only with a nice pinstriped jacket). We said hello and exchanged some small talk. Not much more to tell you about the encounter. I just love random powerpop moments like that in life.

But, rather than just outing us as Target shoppers, I'll give you some Jon Auer news to make this seem like a legit post. Jon's headed to Europe in a few weeks for a full month of dates in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Holland, Belgum, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, and Scotland.

I encourage you to support Jon and his new pinstriped jacket by buying his latest solo disc, titled "Songs From The Year Of Our Demise." You can get a taste via this mp3 of the song "Six Feet Under."

Travel safely, Jon, and don't kick my ass for posting about your Target shopping trip when you get back!

No comments: