Thursday, November 02, 2006

"myspace surprise" of the week

I'm always getting random friend request or randomly finding bands via myspace that, for whatever reason, I haven't heard before. The pleasant surprise from myspace this week is The Universe. This is another one of those bands that I have the sense that I should have known by now, but didn't -- afterall, they created their myspace page on 6/21/2004! So, I'm glad they found me.

Their myspace page has demos that are rough, but tasty -- they describe them as "Nothing ready for prime-time yet (just a coupla quick-n-dirty demos)." I hear some Elephant 6 influence (the song "on a limb"), and also some Tobin Sprout in there (the song "plans"). I'm looking forward to seeing where they head with their sound.

One of their members also has one of the craziest suits I've ever laid eyes on. But, I'm going to try to not hold that against them.

No comments: