Thursday, December 07, 2006

The enigma that is The Pop Machine

Back in September this myspace page popped onto my radar that was intruiging. It was by a band called The Pop Machine. I remember looking at the site, reading the text and thinking "wow, now that's quite a starting point." Indeed, I posted the first comment on their site that said, "I can't wait to hear the music. The lead up certainly has set the bar quite high!"

So, it is with some interest (and some disappointment) that I learned that they are performing their first show *tonight* (12/7) at the Fun House with The Pharmacy and the Clorox Girls (portland). Why disappointment? Because I just found out about it and can't attend.

Of course, I've still yet to hear a single note of their music. So, I have no idea what they really sound like. But, their site says they're a "buncha CA-RAZY young and good looking kids!!!" playing music that sounds "in a nutshell.. A punk rock Shangri-La's/Archies." And who wouldn't like that, I ask you?

Therefore, if you find yourself at the Funhouse tonight, I'd love a report. Heck I'd even take a report from the band themselves. So, let me know how it goes and give me some music, darn it!

No comments: