Sunday, January 28, 2007

New classified site launched

This post is a duplicate of the first post found on a new site that I've launched. It's a Seattle Powerpop Musicians Classified site. If anyone working in the general powerpop genre is looking for musicians, or if you're a musician looking for a powerpop-ish band, get involved!

*********************
I was talking to a few bands last night at the SPB Powerpop Night, and we were talking about how hard it can be to find like-minded musicians in Seattle. So, consider this an experiment. This page will run as an ancillary site to the Seattle Powerpop Blog. But, it will exist only as a place where bands are looking for musicians or musicians are looking for bands.

The only rule is that it has to be somewhere in the neighborhood of powerpop. Much like the Blog itself, I'll be pretty loose on the definition. But, don't expect to be able to post here to find a metal drummer or a turtablist for your hip hop project and what have you.

I don't think there is a way to let people post directly other than using the comments section, and that won't be particularly viable. So, send your listings to me and I'll post them here. If I come across any postings in other places (like craiglist, the stranger, etc.), I'll port them over.

Send you postings to me via email and we'll get this experiment started!

No comments: