Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Feelings Hijackers

I have to admit I had no idea who the Feelings Hijackers were until about five minutes ago. I was scanning the calendars to see what's going on tonight aside from the Divorce final show. I saw that The Feelings Hijackers are having an album release at the High Dive, so I did some googling.

It turns out that TFH is a project that involves PUSA'a Chris Ballew, and it's sort of an alternative/hip hop thing.

They describe the history of the project on their myspace page thusly:

I got together with Mike “outtasite” Singleton from the subset days and we accidentally started making the sweetest noise I had ever heard….2 songs grew into 5 into 10 into 14 so fast and fun that it took us by surprise…this thing made me jump off the ceiling in the shack and I pulled out every trick I had up my sleeve in the digital realm…acoustadelic swing along crunch-beat jingles sung by lofty cloud high skeletons….


It sounds pretty goofy and somewhat square. But, Ballew sure can write for catchy, even if it's often draped in cheese.

No comments: