Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Junkmail, The Capillaries, Small Change & Sorry

While it is technically a Tuesday, most of us have tomorrow as a day of vacation. So, in that way it's a bootleg Friday, and I plan to go out rocking tonight (Tuesday, July 3). My rock of choice is happening at the Crocodile Cafe, which has Junkmail, The Capillaries, The Small Change and Sorry.

I got my grubby little hands on a copy of the Junkmail EP recently, and I'm listening as I type this. What we've got going on here is a collection of four songs that are melodic with a hint of sadness and an undercurrent of Americana. But, I like what I'm hearing, especially the song "little ones."

You can get many of the tunes from their EP on their website. So, you should head there and check them out. And it's important to note that the full-on rock and roll force that is Heather Riffbroker has now joined them on bass, too. So, that's even more reason to see and/or hear them.

The Capillaries and The Small Change both rock my world, and I've written plenty about them here in the past. But, I have to admit I have no idea who the band Sorry is. Anyone know?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi from sorry, the unknown band on this otherwise renowned bill! online, we live at sorrytheband.com / sorrytheband@gmail.com

having lurked at seattle power pop for some time, getting the mention even in the context of 'anyone ever heard of them?' totally made our day. :)

if you'd be interested in a CD, we'd gladly send one over.

--alan, for sorry