Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Myspace bulletins: friend or foe?

So, as someone who scours the planet... er, the web... for Seattle/PacNW powerpop info, I find myself digging through myspace bulletins quite frequently. And, I have come to the realization that there are two kinds of bands in the world:

1. Ones that have great things to tell the world, but never post bulletins.

2. Ones that post bulletins every time their dog sneezes.... and then repost it two or three times each day to try to appeal to people who are online at different times.

I've got to admit, both groups frustrate me!!!! But, I suppose the second group frustrates me more, because it's often the case that bands in the first category don't post bulletins because they feel like they'll never actually be read due to the sheer volume in the world of myspace bulletins.

So, what's my point? I'm not sure I have one, other than my unwavering, militant demand that the bands who post 5, 10, or more bulletins a day STOP IT! :) And, a slightly friendlier request that those who don't post any, throw us all a bone every now and again. There really are people out here in the world wide web who want to read what you're up to!

Just don't tell me your dog sneezed...

No comments: