Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Atlas/Stranger situation

While we were powerpop-partying our asses off over in Ballard, it looks like things were getting shut down at Atlas in Cap Hill, and there is now a brouhaha of boycotts going. It seems folks blame the Stranger piece on their space for the shut down.

While it might be true that it is what called the attention of the police, I think I might agree with the Stranger's perspective on this one -- if they didn't want press coverage, perhaps they should have thought about other ways to promote the shows than the very public methods they chose. I mean, they were taking out *ads* for these shows, weren't they? It wasn't exactly on the d.l.

That said, it's too bad that it's going away, because while I don't often frequent them when they exist, I do appreciate the lack of all-ages opportunities for rock in Seattle.

You can read more about it on about a half dozen posts at the Line Out blog.

No comments: