Wednesday, June 13, 2007

New stuff from The Pranks

I don't typically put up blog posts on the basis of someone posting new songs to their myspace page. I'd generally prefer to be able to post an mp3 or something in the post. But, I'm making an exception here because The Pranks have posted a message that their album is finally done, and they've posted four new mixes on their myspace page.

For those who don't know, The Pranks is the band of Erik Foster, who is the younger brother of Evan Foster of the Boss Martians. Evan had quite a bit to do with the recording of these tunes, and you can hear his presence on guitar. But, Erik has his own voice as a songwriter, and I really like what I've been hearing on their site over the past year.

There are some biting guitars and a bit of bratty sneer in the vocals. But, it's poppy as hell, and I can't wait to hear the full length.


Erik Foster, The Pranks (photo from their myspace page)

No comments: