Friday, June 23, 2006

We're launched on myspace

Well, after an only-semi-exhaustive search through the pages of myspace, I've got band friends streaming into the Seattle Powerpop Blog myspace page. We're at 45 and counting. It's my goal to get as many Seattle (and PNW) powerpoppin' bands signed up as friends as possible. Having them all grouped in one place would be handy, dandy.

So, if you're in a band and didn't get a friend request from me yesterday, head on over to www.myspace.com/seattlepowerpop and make a request. If you didn't get a request yesterday, no slight intended. You know how the myspace search engine can be. All told, I probably found about 75. I'm sure there are more out there in the greater PNW area.

Logistics aside, searching through myspace was a very interesting and rewarding experience, as I discovered several groups that I'd not heard of previously. A particular shout out to Tiny Volcano, The Riffbrokers, and The Conversation Heart, all of whom sound very different from one another but have some great sounding stuff on their pages.

No comments: