Monday, July 31, 2006

Song of the weekend (7/29)

While I personally spent the majority of my weekend ripping up carpet and prepping our downstairs for new laminate flooring (ask me about my flood!), I did spend a little while online, and during that short stay on the web I refreshed my love for "Dumbed Down" by the New West Motels.

It's a lush, aching song about being so love that you let the other person treat you like dirt and then they dump you anyway. And I'm sure we've all been there at one time or another.

You can catch them live at the Croc on August 12.



On an related note: Why do so many bands set up their myspace pages to not allow you to add their songs to your profile? I had planned on always making the "song of the weekend" be the song that loads on the SPB myspage page. But, the last three have their songs set up to refuse adds. Curious...

No comments: