Thursday, September 28, 2006

A rant and a Capillaries show

First up: the rant. Ready? Here goes:

Damn, I wish there was some sort of rss feed for rock-n-roll calendars! I do my best to plan out my week and find all the cool powerpoppin' rock shows, but then somehow I miss a great show like the one below. How can that be? I dunno.

And, in truth, I don't even have an excuse, because it's right there in The Stranger's live music listings. Perhaps the issue is I just suck at reading event calendars. Maybe it's time to get a SPB intern to read the calendars for me. It'll be like Kramerica Industries (the Seinfeld episode where Kramer gets an intern). Best dialog from that episode:

- Dean of school: "As far as I can tell Mr. Kramer, your entire organization is run out of a messy appartment that may or may not contain a chicken."

- Kramer: "And with Darren's help, we'll GET that chicken!"

- Dean of school: "I'm sorry, we can't let Darren continue this internship."

- Kramer: "What?? That seems arbitrary and capricious."

- Dean of school: "Your fly is open."

Anyway, onto the good stuff. This is from The Capillaries:

Tonight, Thursday Sept 28, the Capillaries will be at the Comet Tavern on Capitol Hill (Seattle) with good friends Get Set Go and New Maximum Donkey, both from the sunny climes of Los Angeles.

This is a rare opportunity for Seattlites (Sattelites?) to catch the gorgeous melodies and rich antisocial sentiment of one Mike TV, frontman for Get Set Go.

The Capillaries are also doing something unusual tonight in that our keyboardist, Michael, is on safari, and so we are playing as a stripped-down sweaty three-piece. We promise some roaring new songs and a fair amount of mistakes.

Please come down to what must be Capitol Hill's oldest bar and join us. Things start, oh let's say at 9:00, and they'll cost $3.00? $5.00?, I don't know.

No comments: