Tuesday, November 28, 2006

New disc by The Figgs

It's not necessarily Seattle Powerpop. But, since they have influenced a large number of the active bands in our scene, it's worth mentioning that The Figgs' new record is out now. It's titled Follow Jean Through The Sea, and the pieces that I've heard sound like typical high quality output from The Figgs.

You can buy it online from their website. It also seems to be online at eMusic (where you can hear short sound clips), at Napster (from which I purchased the whole record for $9.95 -- it's downloading as I type), and probably some other places, as well.

Anyway, just a heads up on one of my all-time faves. And while I'm here, I'm going to post the video from the first song I ever heard by them ("favorite shirt") back in the 1990s:

No comments: