Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Seattle musicians' thoughts on You Am I

I decided I would send some emails around and try to get some thoughts on the band You Am I from a variety of Seattle musicians. I have no idea how many I'll be able to gather, since I just had this thought an hour or so ago. But, they're starting to come in.

And since I've deemed today to be You Am I Day, I'll post them throughout the day as they arrive.

James Hall from Shake Some Action!:

If you didn't grow up there [blogger note: James did grow up there], you probably find it hard to believe how huge You Am I were in Australia in the 1990s. Three consecutive albums went straight to #1. Their music was everywhere. They were that rare creature - simultaneously the best band in the country as well as being the most popular. Even the critics raved about the genius of Tim Roger's songwriting and the ferociousness of their live shows. It's all true of course - even now, after being through the mill several times over, they still put on one hell of a show and I, for one, will be there at the Croc tonight to soak it all up.

No comments: