Thursday, March 29, 2007

Seattle musicians' thoughts on You Am I, final chapter

Well, after all that hype and lead up yesterday, my head cold got the best of me and I didn't go to the show. I'd love to hear how it went.

My guess is it fell along the lines of how Jayson Jarmon from Vanilla describes them (of course this was sent prior to the show... can someone confirm whether or not they wrecked The Croc?):

I'm a huge fan of Australian pop and it was probably about the time that Hourly Daily came out that I first picked up on You Am I. They weren't dreamy like the Church, nor songcrafty like the Finns, (ok, New Zelanders but I'm generalizing here), nor accessible lightweight pop like INXS. They are down and dirty rock, screaming, posing jumping up and down and that's it. And the antics! Boozing, punching out talent show hosts...it sort of warms the cockles of your rock-n-roll heart. I hope they wreck the place tonight (I mean that in a good way)!

No comments: