Sunday, July 15, 2007

Myspace surprise: EXIT TO MAINe

It's happened once again. I get these occasional myspace friend requests from bands that I've never heard, but that really interest me. This time it's a group called EXIT TO MAINe (yes, that seems to be how they use capitalization).

It's another example of me not knowing every band in town, even though I try! in this instance, their songs are labeled 2005 (although the myspace page was only created in October 2006). So, I'm not sure how long they've been around. In fact, I'm having a hard time parsing out their bio on sonicbids. Are they really in Seattle now? I have no idea. Read for yourself:

Jason moved here from Rockford, IL (aka suburbia) with more than seventy songs. Ray and Tony were friends who'd played together in Seattle for a couple of years. The band's rapid progress was benefited by a series of happy coincidences--From the first jam the three locked into what would come to be a definitive hybrid synthesis of modern and classic sounds.


The difficulty is they don't define what "here" means in the first sentence, and the Seattle reference sounds kind of past tense. But, their myspace page does say Seattle. So, for now, I'm treating them like they're from here.

[Blogger update: After reading this post, they've updated their bio so as to make their story a bit more clear.]


And I dig what I see and hear on their myspace page. Here's a video to sample. Kinda sounds like The Knack meets Devo to me.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Woah. That's an interesting song. Definitely a band to watch.

Elliott said...

Exit To Maine ruuuuuuuuuuuules! Classic melodies...