Friday, December 14, 2007

This week's post on KEXP blog

This week on the KEXP blog I focused on a newly-released powerpop book and the Seattle bands found therein.

My mailbox was a twitter this past weekend when I finally received my copy of the new book from Not Lame, titled Shake Some Action: The Ultimate Powerpop Guide (no immediate relation to the Seattle band of the same name, but no doubt inspired by the same Flamin’ Groovies tune). Aside from being a nice primer on powerpop for the newbie, the book is a nostalgic look back for long-time fans. Of particular interest to me, of course, were the Seattle-related entries, of which there were many.


You can read the rest of the post on the KEXP blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a fellow power-pop lover, thought you might appreciate my top ten albums of 2007 list -

http://www.thisiswhatwedonow.com/2007/12/top-ten-albums-of-2007.html