Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thanks and farewell

One and all,

I'm writing this farewell letter to thank you all for such a fun ride. I started the Seattle Powerpop Blog just under two years ago on a lark, and it has been such a cool, positive experience. I've met great people, heard great music and learned a lot about music blogging.

I want to thank in particular all the great bands making enjoyable music. You're the reason I started this thing!

I want to thank Andy Miracle for taking SPB on so that it doesn't die with my departure to North Carolina (which happens in only a handful of days now).

I want to thank all of you who read the blog (and I still really don't have a good grasp on who that is... but there are lots of you!).

Really and truly, thanks to you all. There are a ton of things I'll miss about Seattle and the music community here. I like to think that I left a little bit of my own positive imprint on it during my limited time as part of that community.

I wish you all the best and good rockin' all around.
Gary

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn. Where you going? I had just found your cool little local blog recently and will be sad to see it go. Happy trails, friend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your honest, unbiased and informative reportage over the years. Your opinion has always been worth reading and has served as a refreshing back stage look into the vibrant local scene. Again, thank you so much and good luck to you and yours in your new home.

Anonymous said...

Michael - the blog isn't going away. As I mentioned, Andy has taken it over. I'm just moving to NC.

Anon - thanks for the kind words!

Anonymous said...

hey gary - email me so we can have a personal connect - gregcollinsworth@gmail.com
have a good trip, talk to you soon. greg.