Saturday, April 21, 2007

Anyone using Virb?

There are a ton of social networking sites out there, and myspace certainly has seemed to have take a lion's share of the market. But, as I mentioned a few posts ago, my friend Sarah is all over a relatively new one called Virb.

I will say this, it certainly looks a lot better than myspace from a graphics perspective. There aren't a ton of bands there yet, it seems. But, there is a small powerpop group for users (only 8 members thusfar, including litlnemo, who also runs the d23radio.com site.

I'm considering setting up a Virb account for the blog, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Anyone else out there using it?

I think you still have to be invited at this point to be able to set up a page. So, if you're not a current Virb member and want to be, send me a message and I'll send you an invitation. The Blog has a very rudimentary and not robust Virb page. Maybe I can get Sarah to help me update it... nudge nudge. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Virb went public a little bit ago, so invites are no longer necessary (but still available for those who want to entice their friends who still haven't signed on.)

Looking through the upcoming feature list, I noticed Virb will soon allow you to blog elsewhere (like here on blogger) and pull your posts into your Virb page, where they will show up in your friends' homepages as recent activity, just like a blog posted in Virb. I'm really looking forward to seeing what other clever and useful things we'll be able to do with Virb.

Anonymous said...

Oooh hey, that blog import feature I mentioned? I just read that it's now available. Blogs here can now be there too. Oh boy!